Monday, October 23, 2006

Halloween Recipes

To continue our fun Here are a couple of recipes to enjoy for the Halloween Holiday--or all through the holidays!

Crescent Moon Cakes & Samhain Punch

CRESCENT MOON CAKES

1 cup finely ground almonds
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
2 drops almond extract
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg yolk

Combine almonds, flour, sugar, and extract until thorougly mixed. Use your hands to work in butter and egg yolk until well-blended. Chill dough. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Pinch off pieces of dough about the size of walnuts and shape into crescents. Place on greased sheets and bake for 20 minutes.


SAMHAIN PUNCH

2 qts cranberry juice
6 C. water (or 6 C. Burgundy wine--my favorite)
Sugar to taste
4 sticks cinnamon
10 whole cloves
Orange slices

Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot or a crockpot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove spices and float orange slices in the punch. Keep the punch warm on low heat.

I serve the punch every fall, especially in Dec. & Nov. at family and friend gatherings.

I offer fun recipes like these along with the "spell of the month," contests, and other things in my monthly Newsletter.

Enjoy!

Chey

11 comments:

Jennifer Y. said...

The CRESCENT MOON CAKES sound yummy!

Meljprincess said...

Wooohooo! Chey's got wine. I agree, the moon cakes sound really good. C'mon over, Chey, so we can make these goodies. Get a little squirrely and giggly on punch. lol!

Meljprincess said...

I dunno, Chey. Sometimes wine makes me ill. Any other suggestions for cocktails?

Knitting Insomniac said...

I just told my DH to run out and get me ground almonds for the Crescent Moon Cakes. They sound so delicious. Thanks Chey for the wonderful recipes :-)

Unknown said...

These sound delicious Chey! Adding the ingredients to my shopping list.

Pamk said...

wow that punch sounds very tasty

Estella said...

The moon cakes sound yummy!

Carol M said...

Both recipes sound good!

I just signed up for your newsletter! You can never have enough recipes and spells! lol

Meljprincess said...

I love vodka, Chey. Anything with it is fine by me. I've tried to drink it straight but I just can't do it. lol!

Knitting Insomniac said...

I'm making the crescent moon cakes right now, in fact they're in the oven as we speak. They're not quite crescent shaped, more like fortune cookie shaped, but I tried. I think next time I'll make full moon cakes :D

Knitting Insomniac said...

Ok an update on the cakes

They may not look anything resembling a crescent moon, but do they ever taste heavenly

Thanks again Chey for this wonderful recipe. :)

Out of the Blogosphere - Template Design | Elque 2007