I'm super excited to share PLEASURES OF THE NIGHT with you! I finished copy edits on the manuscript this week, but the cover that was originally created for it has been scrapped and a new one is in the works! I can't wait to see it! In the meantime, here's a bit about Aidan and Lyssa's story:
Aidan Cross is a Dream Guardian. In the Twilight between sleep and wakefulness, a battle rages between Guardians and Nightmares, with the victor reaping the benefits of the energy created in slumber. Guardians recharge with various skills, Nightmares drain by thriving on distress. Keeping the portal locked between reality and dreams is a calling that rules Aidan's life, until he's assigned to protect Lyssa Bates. Unlike the other women whose dreams he's calmed with deeply erotic seduction, Lyssa recognizes him and his purpose. She welcomes him to her bed as he is, without the disguise of her fantasies, and offers him the first true solace he's known in a lifetime of fighting. Her ability is a gift. And a curse.
Because of her rare cognizance, she is said to be The Key they have all been searching for. The Key serves a terrible purpose--to open the Gateway and allow Nightmares in unlimited numbers to travel through the Twilight. From there, they have access to the mortal plane through the individuals whose dreams they control.
Now Aidan must leave the Twilight to protect Lyssa from both his own people and the enemies who need her to open the door to them. Stripped of the endless possibilities of dreams, they will have only their love with which to conquer her destiny.
- “Dreams have never been this hot! PLEASURES OF THE NIGHT sizzles as a romance, enthralls as a paranormal, and captivates with a fantastic cast of characters. I didn’t want the “night” to end!”
- Susan Grant, New York Times bestselling author
- "Sylvia Day delivers readers to a fantasy world as unique as it is erotic! Ms. Day is an up-and-coming talent in the world of erotic fiction."
- Toni Blake, award-winning author of SWEPT AWAY
- "An original, seductive read that kept me up long after my bedtime."
- Vivi Anna, author of INFERNO
- "Fresh writing, witty banter, a fascinating world peopled by compelling characters, and sex scenes that’ll inspire you to gulp some sleeping pills and snag your own Guardian. This book is a MUST READ! Sylvia Day possesses a rare inborn talent for storytelling."
- Tawny Taylor, author of SEX AND THE SINGLE GHOST
- "So hot the pages should be on fire!"
- Gena Showalter, acclaimed author of PLAYING WITH FIRE
You can read more about the book, including excerpts on www.DreamGuardians.com, and it's already available on Amazon, if you'd like to reserve your copy!
Now, let's have fun!! Tell me what qualities would make up your dream guy/girl? I've got lots of goodies to giveaway -- playing cards, coverflats, backlist books, etc. :)