Monday, October 16, 2006

NEW MOON

A lot of people have asked me when my next Berkley werewolf book is coming out. This is a good place to tell you that it’s called NEW MOON, and it will be published in March 2007. (Berkley moved it up from its original summer date!)

In NEW MOON, the heroine is from a parallel universe where many people have psychic powers--which gives me opportunities for many more story lines.

I introduced the heroine, Rinna, in SHADOW OF THE MOON. She helped the Marshall family defeat the mind vampire, Boralas, because his species have menaced her world for a long time.

I'm trying to ease my readers into the new universe, so I start in this world--where the hero, Logan Marshall, gets caught in a trap meant for Rinna. She brings him to her world to treat him for the poison that's injected into his leg.

But soon they come back here, and the book concludes in our world.

In this world, the only werewolves I know about are the Marshall brothers and cousins. And only males can be werewolves. But it's different in Rinna's world where lots of people have psychic powers. Rinna is a shape shifter. She can change into a wolf and also to another form that I don’t want to give away yet.
Rinna is being hunted by a powerful man from her universe who wants to enslave her and use her to found a dynasty. Logan helps her escape, but he has trouble functioning in her world, where nothing is as he expects it to be. And Rinna is equally confounded by this universe. She’s as likely to poke the prongs of a fork into an electrical outlet as she is to point a gun at Logan because she doesn’t understand that it’s a deadly weapon. And when the cops come after her asking to see her ID, she’s in big trouble.

I also bring the Marshall family back into the story when Rinna is kidnapped and the werewolves desperately try to track her.

Rebecca/Ruth

10 comments:

Jennifer Y. said...

That sounds good.

Brandy said...

Sounds very interesting.

Estella said...

Glad to hear you have a new book coming out. Sounds good.

Unknown said...

Sounds very enticing! I'll be on the lookout in March

Liz said...

Yeah it'll be out earlier

LadyVampire2u said...

Oh boy, does this one sound great. Its already on my list of must reads but its hard to read the teaser of such a great book and then wait for it to come out.

Meljprincess said...

Ohmygoodness! This sounds excellent, Rebecca. I'll definitely pick it up when it comes out. Wow, March 2007 is so far away..."NEW MOON...I saw you standing alone...." *g*
Great, now I'm singin' BLUE MOON.

felinewyvern said...

Sounds like this combines both of my fave formulas - shapeshifters and other universes. it will be on my to be bought list as soon as it shows on amazon :D

Rebecca York said...

Ilona, it is on Amazon. But without a cover picture. (sigh)
The cover's on my web page--
www.rebeccayork.com

Carol M said...

Sounds like a great story! I always enjoy your books!

Out of the Blogosphere - Template Design | Elque 2007