Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Stake That!

Wow - Crystal and Michelle are early birds! Guess I'm arriving to this party fashionably late. But hey - I've got prizes - so I'm forgiven, right???

First up — I'll be giving away an ARC of my upcoming title "STAKE THAT!" which is the second in my YA "BOYS THAT BITE" vampire series. It comes out in December. You don't have to be a teen to like these books - if you're a Buffy fan, this is a series for you.

Check out the short blurb below. And you can find out more by checking out my brand new teen website: www.marimancusi.com or friend me on MySpace at www.myspace.com/marimancusi.

STAKE THAT!
Destiny is, like, so unfair.

All I want is to be a vampire. But nooo-I have to be Rayne MacDonald, Vampire Slayer....

Sisters. They'll swipe your clothes, your boyfriends, your destiny. But it wasn't exactly my twin Sunny's fault. Magnus, vampire hottie and coven leader, mistook her for me last month and bit her instead. Now they're doing the inter-species dating thing.


But back to me. Turns out that for every generation, there's a Vampire Slayer-and this time around, it just happens to be yours truly. My first mission: infiltrate a seedy vamp bar downtown and expose its vampire owner for purposely spreading a blood disease he created himself. A task almost harder than passing trig.

After going it alone once, I realize I need help. So Magnus sends his hot homey Jareth to go undercover with me. And let me just say I wouldn't mind going under the covers with him. Maybe fate doesn't bite after all...

So how do you win? Just post a question or comment!! It's that simple. I'll be drawing from all entries later this afternoon!
Thanks for stopping by!!!
MARI

22 comments:

CrystalGB said...

Great blurb. I do read some YA novels. My neice loves them

Estella said...

I enjou reading YA bookks.
The blurb is good!

Jennifer Y. said...

That sounds really good!

Liz said...

Mari
It sounds cool, I love Buffy and I have a teenage daughter who likes the show. The only YA author I read before is Tamara Pierce with her circle series.

Carol M said...

I've read some YA books that are very good. What made you decide to write one?

Who are some of your favorite writers and what books are on your keeper shelf?

Jaci Burton said...

I love the cover!

I also find YA so appealing, even to people like me who are wayyy past the YA stage *cough cough*.

Why do you think that is?

Meljprincess said...

Hi Mari!
I just remembered something. You had a contest in MySpace to cast characters. Who won?
I'd love to read STAKE THAT! Lately I've had a hankerin' (lol) to read some YA books. And be still my bloody, staked heart!..IT'S AN ARC. THUD....

Unknown said...

I loved Boys that Bite and can't wait for Stake That.:-)

Lisa Pulliam said...

Oooh! Sounds awesome!

felinewyvern said...

I have to buy that for my teen daughter - she loved Buffy and Angel when they were on TV and is crazy about Vampire stuff - especailly romances. Will have to look for book one first though :D *goes searching Amazon for 'Boys That Bite' books.*

Maureen said...

I occassionally read YA books since I have two teenagers and it's interesting to read stories written for them.

flip said...

My 16 year old is just as an avid reader as I am. So I have to share my book budget. The upside is I have read some really good books aimed at the YA. I love Holly Black; she just blows me away. I just finished Glass Houses by Rachel Caine. It was terrific. I have Stake That on pre-order. Amber, my 16 year old, loves paranormal novels.

JennGoose13 said...

I love Boys that Bite so much! I cannot wait until Stake That! comes out. Rayne is going to be so interesting as the Vampire Slayer. I'm even excited about Girls that Growl as well!

~ Jenn

Unknown said...

Great blurb! I am a Buffy fan, so this sounds right up my alley!

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Love the cover, Marianne! Oh, and in this same vein, I thought you'd be interested in a new wine I just bought last night, though I haven't tried it yet. But I couldn't resist the name: www.vampire.com. Salud! ;-)

Christina

Mari Mancusi said...

THANKS FOR ALL COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS SO FAR!! :) Here are some answers:

Carol: My editor and agent conspired and decided I had a "young voice" and asked me to write up some YA proposals. I realized after doing so I loved writing for teens. It's a lot of fun and you get great feedback from readers.

Jaci: I think we adults like reading YA cause it reminds of us of our past. While the fashions and slang has changed, teens are still going through the exact same issues as we did when we were in high school!

MelJPrincess: I did have a casting contest. That was a lot of fun actually. A girl named Victoria won. You can find her entry in the comments section on MySpace: www.myspace.com/marimancusi

And finally Christina: YES! I've tried vampire wine (of course I had to!!) and it's actually pretty good!

Lynn said...

Can I just say that that cover totally reeks coolness? :D

Brandy said...

The blurb sounds very intersting! And I have to share the YA books in our house with my Daughter.

Pamk said...

sounds good and something I could let my son read at the same time. That is cool especially since my son likes the same type book as I do.

Little Willow said...

Love the cover. :) Looking forward to reading the book!

Meljprincess said...

Thanks Mari,
I wanna see who Victoria suggested. I'll be in MySpace tomorrow.
Everybody who said they read YA books, what books have you read? Has anyone read I WAS A TEENAGE POPSICLE by Bev Katz Rosenbaum?

LadyVampire2u said...

Loved the excerpt for Stake That! Definitely a vampire fan here, although I dont think you can miss that fact. LOL. Looking forward to reading the book!

Out of the Blogosphere - Template Design | Elque 2007