Monday, October 16, 2006

Teriyaki Wings--as requested

Teriyaki Wings
As requested, here’s the recipe for Teriyaki Wings
I use Splenda in this recipe because I wanted it to be as low in carbs as possible. You could substitute sugar

Makes about 24 servings

1/4 cup light soy sauce
2 Tbsp peanut oil
2 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
1 tsp Splenda
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
2 1/4 lb chicken wings

1. In a large bowl or ceramic casserole, mix together soy sauce, oil, wine, Splenda, ginger, and garlic.
2. With a sharp knife, cut wing tips from wings and discard. Disjoint wings and put them in bowl with marinade. Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 or 3 hours or up to 12 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Transfer wings and marinade to a 9 1/2- by 13-inch baking pan. Broil about 4 inches from heat, turning wings and basting occasionally with sauce for 17 to 20 minutes until wings are cooked through and begin to brown. Serve warm. Wings can be cooked ahead and reheated in the broiler or microwave.

I've got some other favorite party recipes. Chili Con Queso Dip, Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip, Salmon Spread. If you want me to share those, let me know. I'm taking them from Fabulous Lo-Carb Cuisine, so they're all the low carb versions.
Rebecca

9 comments:

Meljprincess said...

These sound absolutely delicious! I love teriyaki anything. YUM! Thanks for the recipe, Rebecca. I'm interested in the Salmon Spread. Need my Omega-threes.

Maureen said...

That looks good. I will definitely try it.

Unknown said...

Ooh, that sounds good! Also, I would love the Salmon spread and Chile con queso recipes. :)

Estella said...

Love terrayki wings! Thanks for the recipe.

Jennifer Y. said...

Those sound delicious!!!!

catslady said...

Those all sound good! I'm always looking for new recipes too lol.

Lisa Pulliam said...

Ooooh! I'm going to try making those this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

Wolfy said...

This looks so good........Thanks for sharing......

Cryna

Pamk said...

lol locarb stuff I lost 43 pd on a low carb walking diet year before last in six months and it stayed off cause I cut my carbs. Need to start back again cause I could stand to lose that much more.

Out of the Blogosphere - Template Design | Elque 2007