Thursday, May 19, 2005

Hi, everybody. I'm really excited to join this group. I'm Rebecca York, and I write paranormal romantic suspense for Berkley and Harlequin Intrigue. I live in Columbia, Maryland, with my husband and three cats--Ozzie, Harriet and the Beevelbrox. (she's in fashion right now.) As a kid, I read science fiction and fantasy. And my first book was a kids' science fiction novel called The Invasion of the Blue Lights for Scholastic. After that I graduated to adult romance. But I always tried to slip paranormal elements into my stories. The editors at Harlequin let me get away with it--as long as the reader didn't find out that, for example, the hero was a clone developed for a suicide mission until half way through the story. Now I'm out of the closet--with stories that scream paranormal from the first chapter. What a liberating experience for me. My next book for Berkley is Beyond Control, out in August. It's about sexually linked telepaths who discover that the more intimate their contact, the more they develop their psychic powers.
Rebecca

3 comments:

Gena Showalter said...

So glad to have you here! I LOVE the description of your new books. I will be buying those the moment they hit stands.

Deidre Knight said...

I know, they sound wonderful!! We're really glad you're here too. Deidre

Michele said...

I'm a visiting reader. I've read some of your books. The great thing is, I'm going to enjoy catching up *grin*. Sounds like your new book coming out is definitely going on my list of TBR . Premise sounds dishy. Glad I dropped by!

Out of the Blogosphere - Template Design | Elque 2007