Sunday, September 11, 2005

Hold Hands and Hum

HAD to share.....

I recently complained to my critique partners about the fact that I was on deadline and had to write a fight scene. These always take me longer than other scenes, and I was whining that maybe instead of fighting I should just have them hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Here's what I got back in an email from the wonderfully talented Kathleen O'Reilly:

Kum-ba-ya, My Lord...
Kum-ba-yahhhhh.........
Kum-ba-ya, My Lord
Kum-ba-ya.

Kum-ba-ya, My Lord
Kumbaya
Oh, Lord. Kumbaya.

Someone's got a deadline, Lord,
Kumbaya
Someone's got a deadline, Lord
Kumbaya
Someone's got a deadline, Lord
Kumbaya
Give her the fighting words, Lord
Kumbaya....

(And, in case you're wondering, I DID get the fight scenes written!)

5 comments:

Michele said...

LOL!!
Truly inspiring!
Glad to hear the scene got written, must have been the lyrical motivation.

Gena Showalter said...

You could even choreograph the fight moves to the song.

Palm to his nose, Lord, Kumbaya...
Blood pours down his face, Lord, Kumbaya...
He crumbles to the ground, Lord, Kumbaya...

Lucy Monroe said...

LOL Thanks for the lift...both Julie's post and Gina's addition!

Smiling and off to write...

Jaci Burton said...

Do you know how many agonizing things about writing can be set to the tune of Kumbaya?

And thanks for putting that song in my head for the rest of the day.

Must kill demons, Lord, Kumbaya...
In the jungle, Lord, Kumbaya...
Do I use sword or guns, Kumbaya...
Help me Lord, Kumbaya...

Hmmm, this is actually really helpful in working out sticky plot points. *g*

Deidre Knight said...

THAT is just too funny! Somewhere up in heaven, I think God is chuckling over that one, too. :)

Out of the Blogosphere - Template Design | Elque 2007