Monday, October 16, 2006

Hi everyone!

Since we’re having a party, I’d like to start with some party food.

Have you ever gone to a restaurant and had something great to eat and thought, “I wish I could do that at home?”

Since I also write cookbooks, I often go home and try to recreate restaurant food. Here’s one of my favorites–

Buffalo Wings

Did you realize how easy they are? Just buy a big pack of chicken wings from the grocery store, and you’re in business.


Makes 30 servings
3 1/2 lb chicken wings
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco
1/2 Tbsp white vinegar.

1. Preheat broiler. Cut wing tips from wings and discard. Cut wings apart at joint, and put them in a 9 1/2- by 13-inch baking pan.
2. In a small bowl, Mix together butter, hot sauce, and vinegar. Pour over wings, and stir to coat.
3. Broil about 4 inches from heat, turning wings and basting 3 or 4 times with sauce, for 20 to 25 minutes until wings are cooked through and begin to crisp and brown.
4. Serve warm the traditional way, with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks. Wings can be cooked ahead and reheated in the broiler or microwave.

I write my cookbooks under my own name. The recipe above is from FABULOUS LO-CARB CUISINE.

I also have a great recipe for Teriyaki Wings. Would you like that one, too?

If you visit my blog, rebeccayork.blogspot.com, you can scroll down and see a cute picture of dh with his cat. They’re a very tight couple.

Rebecca York/Ruth Glick

13 comments:

Lucy Monroe said...

Oh, that is a great recipe! I love Buffolo Wings and you're probably going to laugh, but I've always wanted to know how to make them. :)

Maureen said...

My teenaged son has actually made a similar recipe but it didn't have the vinegar. I have to tell him to try adding it. Thanks for the recipe.

LadyVampire2u said...

Sounds good. I will have to try this recipe. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great recipe :)

reviewer said...

Mmmmm, today is our 11 year anniversary, and DH loves Buffolo wings. I already have everything I need to make them.
Thanks for the idea.

Unknown said...

My husband will adore you for passing on this recipe. He loves Buffalo Wings, and I am always on the lookout for a new recipe. I can follow directions, but without them I am totally inept lol.

Wolfy said...

Thanks for the recipe, it sounds so good.

Cryna

robynl said...

Please give the Teriyaki wings recipe also; thanks.
We love wings and quite often go out for Wings Night.

Vivi Anna said...

Mmm, I love Buffalo Wings, the hotter the better!

Lisa Pulliam said...

Yes! Teriyaki wings, please! Mmmmmmm.

Estella said...

They sound delicious!

Jennifer Y. said...

Great recipe...I can't cook or I would try it...might have to try anyway.

Pamk said...

the terriaki wings sounds good not a big fan of buffalo wings though. But sure wish you had a recipe for the honey barbeque wings from KFC absolutely love those

Out of the Blogosphere - Template Design | Elque 2007