Monday, October 16, 2006

Party Favors...Prizes...And Fabulous Books

What's a party without party favors? Well, I know for a fact that this one is going to have plenty...along with lots of fun posts by the great authors participating in this blog.

My first Children of the Moon werewolf story isn't out until December, in the UNLEASHED anthology with Rebecca York, Susan Kearney, and Diane Whiteide. (I am so totally excited to be in an anthology with these amazingly talented authors. They're on *my* keeper shelves and I'm in a book with them...can we say Fan Girl moment? LOL) So anyway, I don't have any stories about uber sexy werewolves to give away just yet. But I *do* have a copy of Star Quality, an anthology by Lori Foster, Dianne Castell and myself (with my first paranormal novella centered around the theme of the blue moon). And it's signed by ALL three of us. I'll draw a name from comments on this blog post on Tuesday to win the book. I will also be giving away random books by other authors from my prize shelves to three other winners throughought the day today (Monday). So, PLEASE, check back to see if you've won.

And speaking of my Children of the Moon stories, I'm pretty darn excited about them too. Both my novella Come Moonrise in Unleashed and my historical single title Moon Awakening (out next February) are set in the same universe...just different time periods. I've got definite plans for more werewolves, both contemporary and historical. If you want to find out more about this world, visit my Children of the Moon website. It's got a free online read, character sketches complete with CGI images of my characters, a glossary of terms and more.

To make it easy to comment on this blog post, I've got a discussion question for you: Barring Hugh Jackman (because, come on - he's a gimme)...what actor would you most like to see playing a werewolf? Would he be a dark, brooding type (Hugh Jackman) or playful with a little of that side of the canine nature coming out in him (Michael J Fox)?

28 comments:

Maureen said...

I would pick James Tupper who plays Jack in Men In Trees.

Stacy~ said...

Hi Lucy :) Gerard Butler is my choice.

I already have "Star Quality" so don't enter my name please.

Jenn said...

Well I loved him as a Vampire so maybe Brad Pitt could do a good werewolf.

Also Vincent D'Onofrio of Law & Order : Criminal Intent, I just love him, or Gary Dourdan, he plays Warrick Brown on CSI and he is Fine Fine Fine!

LadyVampire2u said...

There are so many great actors that could make great werewolves in a movie. Some of my picks are Joaquin Phoenix, Denzel Washington or Van Diesel.

Anonymous said...

I'd pick Clive Owen and he'd be the dark, brooding, kind ;)

Rebecca York said...

Right back at you, Lucy! I'm excited about being in UNLEASHED with you guys.
Rebecca

Meljprincess said...

Hi Lucy!
My choice is Oded Fehr. He's very sexy and I think he would be terrific as a delicious, dark, brooding werewolf.

Rebecca York said...

Also, thanks for putting up the cover of UNLEASHED!
Rebecca

Unknown said...

Hi Lucy!

Wow, everyone has such amazing choices! Yes, Hugh Jackman is a gimme lol! Aside from him, I definitely agree with Stacy on Gerard Butler. Yummy!

Unknown said...

I thought of someone else, Jonathan Rhys Meyers! Thank you for the generous giveaway Lucy! These are fun questions! :)

CrystalGB said...

I agree with Bonnie. Clive Owen would be a good choice to play a werewolf

Wolfy said...

Hi Lucy - I would think that a couple of choices would be Lucky Vanous, Van Diesel, Tom Cruise, and Mathew McConaughey, Adrian Paul or Antonio Banderas......

Cryna

Minna said...

Well, Cameron Bancroft comes to mind (I've been wathching Code Name: Eternity way too much).

Lisa Pulliam said...

Gerard Butler. He's soooooooo gorgeous! And just has that otherworldly element to him.

Vivi Anna said...

Mmm, yup Gerard Butler would make a delicious werewolf. How about Christian Bale...mmmm, although I think he's more vamp than wolf...Joaquin Phoenix would be my first pick. He's so friggin' brooding and mysterious as a person, could you imagine him as a werewolf?

Kate Davies said...

My first choice would be Colin Firth, because, well, he's my first choice in anything. :) Just the thought of that classic Brit style masking an inner beast...rowr!

I have to agree with Jenn on Gary Dourdan, too -- he'd be a perfect werewolf!

And I already have Star Quality, so I don't need to be entered in the contest either. :)

Unknown said...

Ooh, Vivi Anna you are right! How could I forget Christian Bale? He may be more vamp material, but I think he could still pull it off.

Estella said...

I would like to see Joaquin Phoenix play a werewolf.

Jennifer Y. said...

Clive Owen is my choice!

Cathy M said...

what a great list of hunks. How bout Ben Browder?

Brandy said...

Oooh, I vote Vin Deisel or Jauguin Phoenix (sp).
Can't wait until your "Unleashed" hits the stores!

Cathy M said...

Peeked at your website. Great excerpt from Come Moonrise. Looking forward to reading more about Ty and Frankie.

Lucy Monroe said...

Wow...some very fun names! Thanks to everyone who has posted so far. I'm just about to choose the first two random winners from comments. I'll post the other in a few hours and remember...the winner of Star Quality will get drawn for and posted tomorrow. :)

Carol M said...

I think Joaquin Phoenix would make a great werewolf!

Pamk said...

wow I know colin Farrell would be good. But what about the dark-haired viggo mortenson. And can't remember his name but the guy who played nottingham on the Witchblade TV series. now he was sexy

Brandy said...

Wow! Someone else remembers the WitchBalde series? Cool!!

Lucy Monroe said...

Thanks for checking out the website, Cathy! And Robin, I'm really keen to read the other stories too. LOL

I've just posted the final random prize winner and I'll post the winner of Star Quality later today. There's still time to comment and be eligible for the drawing. :)

flip said...

You want sexy for a werewolf so Michael J. Fox is out. You know David Boreanz would make a good werewolf. Eric Bana would be hot, hot, hot as a werewolf. Alex Georgoulis would be nice. Eduardo Verástegui, Dominic Purcell....plenty of good looking me to play werewolves. So why are there more werewolf movies.

Out of the Blogosphere - Template Design | Elque 2007