Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Aliens and Vampires and Werewolves--Oh my!

Hello to everyone! I'm thrilled to be part of this elite group (the "Big Girls" of paranormal romance, as I like to refer to the other illustrious authors of OOTB--I'm just a sidekick). I'm Catherine Spangler and I write futuristic romance (check out my Shielder series at www.catherinespangler.com). I'm pleased to announce that the fifth book in the series, SHADOW FIRES, is a 2005 RWA RITA finalist. I'm also hoping to journey into new worlds with the next two series I'm working on.

Welcome to all of you who crave something a little "different" in your romances. Most of the authors here began writing paranormal romance at a time when agents and editors assured us it would never sell, that there would never be a market for it. But we couldn't get those hunky aliens, vamps, and shapeshifters out of our psyche, so we wrote these books anyway. And the reader response was amazing. Lots of very intelligent readers out there of like mind :-) So here we are, and in today's market, paranormal romance is hot, hot, hot (in more ways than one, as you well know if you read Angela Knight's steamy Mageverse series).

I just finished reading the description of Gena Showalter's upcoming book, AWAKEN ME DARKLY. All I can say is wow! Wow, wow, wow! I love Gena's books and her sophisticated, witty writing style, and I love dark and mysterious aliens, and now I can't wait until June 1 so I can read this book. Oh, Gena, got any spare ARCs around the house?

I'm looking forward to the multitude of great paranormals I know we'll be seeing in the coming months. I hope y'all will drop in often to hear about the latest releases.

Happy reading! ~ Catherine

3 comments:

Silma said...

I've bookmarked this site! I love paranormals. Can't get enough of those vampires... *vbg*

Gena Showalter said...

Catherine, you sweetie! Thanks so much. I wish I did have more ARCs. Alas, they are all gone.

Michele said...

Hi there!
I am so glad I found the Blogosphere! I never knew that I had NOT read all that you've written in the Shielder series. I missed Shadower! Now I have a new quest. I love the world you've developed and was happy that you told Jarek's story. All the guys sound so dishy!! Congrats on the awards. Well earned.

Out of the Blogosphere - Template Design | Elque 2007