Friday, May 27, 2005

Book sightings

Although the official release date is June 7th, UNMASKED is already shipping to those who pre-ordered it. I have heard from a few people that it is appearing bookstores as well. Woohoo! I love, love, LOVE to hear about sightings. So if you’ve seen it (how can you miss that cover?), PLEASE let me know where and make my day. :-)

In other news, I took my daughter and a friend to Star Wars last night. Good flick. Much better than the first two new movies. I thought it did an excellent job of tying the new movies to the old ones too. The acting was better. Motivations clear. You can see Anakin unravel with every scene. I was impressed.The really interesting part was that when they showed the classic A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY intro, I felt like I was 17 again watching the first Star Wars movie for the first time. And here I was, taking my teenage daughter to it. It had come full circle.

Oh and listen to this. As we are leaving the theatre, my daughter’s friend says, “They should do a sequel to that movie.” LOL! 13-year olds. Anyway, if you haven’t seen it and you are a fan, go. It’s worth the price of admission.

Until next blog,
CJ

13 comments:

Michele said...

Congrats on the excitement! Won't get a chance this weekend to pursue a sighting. But I know what I'll be doing next week *grin*
I'm SO jealous. I have yet to see Star Wars, however, I'm so gladdened to hear such great reviews and glowing reports. I remember The Attack of the Clones as being so lame. (in my humble opinion) Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Michele. I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked SWIII. You'll enjoy it.

Have a great holiday yourself!

Gena Showalter said...

I know I'm in the minority, but I was totally crushing on Anakin as he turned to the dark side. I love me my bad boys LOL

Can't wait to get my copy of your book!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Gena. I liked Anakin much better in this movie than I did the other two. Not sure what that says about me! *GRIN*

Anonymous said...

There's a reason Darth Vader is such a compelling character }:)

Lacey Savage said...

My copy of Unmasked arrived a week ago. It's sitting patiently on my desk, but it's my reward once my first round of edits on my current manuscript are finished. It looks fabulous -- and that cover is definitely inspiring!

I really enjoyed SWIII as well. In fact, I had to run home and find out everything I could about Hayden Christensen, who I thought did a spectacular job with Anakin's character. :)

Anonymous said...

You are so right, Bonnie. I remember watching DV in the first movie way back when, and realizing that I wasn't afraid of him like I should be. I actually was fascinated by his character and how he came to be. Guess we know now!

Now that the entire family has seen the final movie, we are going to watch the original Star Wars movie tonight. It'll be fun to see how it all ties together.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Lacey! I hope like UNM. :)

I thought Christensen did a much better acting job in this movie than he did in SW II. He was believable, and I really felt sorry for him in the end.

Good luck with your manuscript, Lacey!

Anonymous said...

Found Unmasked at a Barnes & Noble in San Antonio, Texas today.

Silma said...

Loved Episode 3 too! I could finally feel a chemistry between Anakin and Padme.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the sighting, Diane! It's so cool to hear that my book is all over the country. :)

Have a great Memorial Day!

Michele said...

Humongous Hello!!!
I tried to write on your blog, but it seems that it didn't take. You still have 0 comments listed so I'm gonna to duplicate myself here at the OOTB.

OK,
I'm back from my mini weekend getaway. The first fun thing I did today ...
I came, I saw, I BOUGHT!! I'm now the proud owner of Unmasked and so far, I love it,.. Nod is a cute little character. Torrie is a lady with chutzpah (is that a real word?) Anyway, I like her style.
I know you were looking for sightings, but I couldn't just "see" it, I had to have it. AND, I STILL say the guy looks like a hunk from TRON ...*yummy*

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Michele! I'm thrilled that you are enjoying it. Nod is one of my all-time favorite characters--such a little boy. And Torrie was great fun to write. She had no fear! Oh, and the cover guy: I wish I knew who he was. He's amazing. He does my hero justice. ;D Thanks again!

Out of the Blogosphere - Template Design | Elque 2007