Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Greetings, People of Earth!

I suppose I'm being fashionably late to the party. I'm Shanna Swendson, and I write fantasy chick lit (think Bridget Jones meets Harry Potter). My book, ENCHANTED, INC., will be out in about 13 days (not that I'm counting), but I think I'm almost as excited that just before that I'll be seeing the sneak preview screening of Serenity. Woo hoo!

Some of the other authors here (like Catherine Spangler and Julie Kenner) have been my real-world friends for a long time, some (like Robin Owens, Marianne Mancusi and Liz Maverick) I've had the pleasure of meeting at various conference, and others are just those I enjoy reading and look forward to becoming friends with. I'm honored to be among this group.

Now, since I can't think of anything else clever or witty to say, I'll sit back and see what everyone else has to say (though I suppose I could talk about the dark chocolate Darth M&Ms. That always seems to get a response in my blog.).

8 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Fantasy chick lit, huh? I might just have to check that out. Sounds like a fun read!

Shanna Swendson said...

Well, I think it's fun, but I might be a wee bit biased. I've already written the next book in the series, and I'm eager to plunge back into that world to write another one, but first we have to wait to see how book one does. So, buy the book so I can play more with these fun people!

Gena Showalter said...

I'm so excited about this book! It's on my must buy list!

Kristen Painter said...

Is there a free packet of dark m&m's included? ;o)

Just added it to my Buy list!

Shanna Swendson said...

Does everyone know the Star Wars M&Ms (including the dark chocolate ones) are on sale this week at Target? I'm hoarding a giant stash.

The sale at Target is the closest I can get to supplying free dark chocolate M&Ms with the book, so stock up now!

Kristen Painter said...

Hey Shanna, is there an excerpt of your book anywhere? I'd love to read a snippet.

Shanna Swendson said...

I have an excerpt of one of my favorite scenes "hidden" on the main page of my web site at http://www.shannaswendson.com (hint: you find the contents of a book under the cover).

Ballantine has the first chapter and part of the second chapter excerpted on their site. Go to http://www.randomhouse.com/rhpg/catalog/display.pperl?0345481259 and click on "read an excerpt."

Kristen Painter said...

Cool! Thanks - it looks like a fun read!

Out of the Blogosphere - Template Design | Elque 2007